Monday, November 11, 2013

Privacy & Confidentiality

Nowadays, every new media has a problem: Privacy. Everything you put on the internet is public and allowed for everyone else to access your content. Facebook is one of the bigest example. Everything you upload on Facebook, your pictures, videos, statuses, comments, belongs to Facebook. If you read the Terms and Privacy, it says that everything belongs to them. However, if you don't want everyone else to see your content, and only your friends, there's an option to make it more private. However, your friends can download your picture and share it on another site and therefore you content is not private anymore. However, its better to set the account to private. I made mine all private and only friends can see my profile pictures, posts, wall, and pictures. I don't like the idea of having someone I don't know look through my stuff. Similar for Snapchat, every picture you take and send to your friend is stored into their system. Personally, I keep track of my privacy when I use new media because a lot of apps and websites can sometimes use your personal information and sell it to researchers or other companies. Privacy will always be a big issue when it comes to new media. There's no such thing as privacy when it comes to new media, but you can try your best to not post or give any private information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment