Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Social Networking Sites

Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and Tumblr, are websites that comes to our mind when thinking about networking sites.

Facebook is probably one of the most popular social networking sites out there. It is very easy to use, and since how almost everyone has one, it allows one to easily communicate and be updated with their friends lives. Finding friends is easy due to the fact that they have a mutual friends and friends suggestion sidebar. You can post on walls and post up statuses, photos, and videos. The newsfeed also acts a current event update because people post up statuses about current events. You can also create event pages or pages for people to like.

Myspace used to be very popular 7 years ago, when I was in middle school. Unlike Facebook, Myspace have music pages, which allow you to follow bands and stream music. It was pretty popular among band groups and musicians but now that there are other sites like Twitter for their fans to follow their day to day lives.

I've never really used Twitter until recently for this class. I never got into it and not many of my friends use it. However now using it for this class, I find that Twitter is fast and easy to use. By limiting user's posts to 140 characters, it is easy to read and the messages are straight to the point. The hashtags are fun and its a good way to group similar topics. It allows celebrities to interact and update their followers.

Tumblr got popular more recently within the few years. It's a blogging site where people and people from ages 17-25 blog and reblog pictures and posts and gain followers. I've been using it for a while and I find it very easy and fun to use. I can browse through many pictures and posts by different users and it can be very time consuming and interesting to look through. I can also create a private blog under my official account and make it password protected so no one can see my personal posts.

Social networking sites are emerging every day. These four sites are just some of the many sites we have and I believe there will be more sites in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment